"This is the best popsicle I've ever had!!!" - Jackie, age 15. They are so refreshing, full of flavor and so fun to make! You can use whatever fruit you have at home to put in the molds, which makes the ingredients in this recipe very versatile. I happened to have had some kiwi on hand, which made the popsicles stunning! Also, this recipe is made with only whole fruit, and does not contain any pre-made fruit juice or added sugar, which makes the popsicles all the more delicious.
Makes about 10 popsicles (depending on the size of your molds, my medium-sized molds made 10).
4-5 cups seedless watermelon, cubed (the amount needed depends on the size of your popsicle molds)
1 cup blueberries
1 nectarine or peach, diced
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1. Set out about 10 popsicle molds.
2. In a blender, puree the watermelon until it forms a juice.
3. Place a slice of kiwi in each mold, then distribute the blueberries and nectarine pieces into the molds, along side the kiwi.
4. Pour the watermelon juice into each mold, on top of the fruit, filling each all the way up.
5. Place a wooden popsicle stick or the mold's holder into each mold.
6. Place all the molds in the freezer, and freeze popsicles for at least 8 hours.
7. Run warm water over the molds to loosen the popsicles, then remove them, and enjoy!