Ahhh... pumpkin spice lattes. Delish! What about pumpkin spice lattes that are super easy and fun to make that are in the form of a ball? These addictive power balls are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, while giving your body tons of nutrients so it can power you throughout your day!
When coated with espresso, they are perfect for an autumn snack (or breakfast, if you're like me). When dunked in chocolate, they make the ideal Halloween treat!
Makes about 30 power balls.
2 cups roasted unsalted almonds (or raw)
¼ hemp seeds
¼ cup chia seeds
8-10 Medjool dates, pitted (amount depends on desired sweetness)
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
¼ cup cacao nibs
2-3 Tbs FINELY ground espresso beans mixed with 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice, or
½ cup melted dark chocolate chips
1. In a strong food processor, pulse together the almonds, hemp seeds, and chia seeds until they form the texture of course sand.
2. Slowly pulse in the dates, pumpkin puree, and spice, making sure to give your processor some breaks in between pulses.
3. Remove the blade from the food processor and work the nibs into the dough with your hands.
4. Place the dough in the fridge for 10 minutes to chill.
5. With your hands, roll the dough into bite-sized balls, about the size of 1 Tbs.
6. Coat half of the balls in the espresso and spice, and dunk the other half in the melted chocolate.
7. Refrigerate the balls until served, and freeze the chocolate-covered ones for 5 min. Eat and feel GOOD!