Makes 4 ice cream sandwiches.
2 cups blanched almond flour
2 Tbs arrowroot starch/powder
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs pure maple syrup (or honey, if you don't want your cookies to taste slightly maple-y)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
Vanilla ice cream (I used dairy ice cream, but you can also use a non-dairy alternative, such as coconut)
1. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, stir together all of the ingredients. After a few seconds of mixing, the dough will start to resemble course crumbs. When it reaches that point, let it mix for about a minute, until the dough starts to form a ball.
2. Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and roll it out until it's 1/4 inch thick.
6. Let them cool for at least 20 minutes before adding the ice cream.
7. Before making the sandwiches, make sure your vanilla ice cream is REALLY cold. (Mine wasn't very cold the first time, so it completely melted on the cookies and dripped everywhere. Luckily
my dogs are really good lickers!)
8. Put one scoop of ice cream on one of the cookies, then place another cookie on top of that, creating a sandwich. Repeat this with the rest of the cookies. Enjoy!