First up for this season is a refreshing and decadent peppermint pattie recipe. These cute little guys are super simple to make, super delicious, and sure to please all party hostesses greatly!
Makes about 16 peppermint patties.
½ cup coconut manna/butter, melted*
½ coconut oil (not melted)
2 Tbs pure maple syrup
1-2¼ tsp peppermint extract**
1. Place the melted coconut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and peppermint extract in a medium mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
2. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Form the coconut mixture into balls (about 1" sized) with your hands, then flatten into patties with the palm of your hand.
4. Place patties on a parchment paper-lined plate, then place in the freezer to harden for 30-60 minutes.
5. While patties are freezing, melt your chocolate in a double boiler or a small saucepan over low heat.
6. Place each frozen pattie on a spoon and dunk in the melted chocolate.
7. Put each chocolate-covered pattie back on the lined plate, and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Remove patties from the freezer at least 5 minutes before eating, and enjoy!
*To melt your coconut manna, place the (tightly closed) jar in a bowl of hot water for 5-15 minutes, then stir and use.
**The amount of peppermint extract needed depends on the quality of the extract; the brand I used wasn’t strong, so I had to use a lot. If your extract is strong, start with using just ½ a teaspoon, then add more to your liking.