ONE INGREDIENT? WHAT? YESSSSS! One ingredient+one machine+one mouth=lots of soft serve in Sadie's mouth= Happy Sadie. What's the ingredient, you ask? Drum roll, please............. BANANA! And, you don't need an ice cream maker!!!
Who wants a vegan, paleo, bite of homemade ice cream topped with yummy chocolate sauce stuffed in their mouth? Everyone. (Except if they're allergic to bananas.) This soft serve has a rich, creamy texture to it, perfect for a hot summer day treat! Now, what more can I say? Let's go make some ice cream!
Serves 4 people.
For the Soft Serve:
3 large bananas (which will later be frozen)
Optional add-ins: vanilla extract, cacao powder, ground cinnamon
1. Peel the bananas and chop them into bits.
2. Place the bits in a small plastic baggie, and then place it in the freezer for 2-3 hours, or until the bananas are pretty frozen. *NOTE*: the more frozen your bananas are, the colder the soft serve will be, but the harder they will be to blend.
3. Place all the frozen banana bits and any add-ins of your choice in a food processor, and pulse on and off for 3-6 minutes, until thick and creamy with no chunks left. *NOTE*: it may take a while for the bananas to become creamy because they are frozen, but be patient; it will happen!
4. Serve your soft serve IMMEDIATELY, before it defrosts. If you please, drizzle chocolate sauce (recipe below) on top of it. Enjoy!
For the Vegan Chocolate Sauce:
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (preferably dairy and soy free)
1/4 cup coconut milk
Optional- 1 Tbs honey or maple syrup (if you prefer a sweeter chocolate sauce)
1. Place the chocolate chips in a double boiler or small saucepan over LOW heat.
2. Gently stir until they're completely melted, then pour in the coconut milk (and sweetener, if you're using it) and whisk until your sauce is thick and creamy.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes, before drizzling on top of a bowl of soft serve.
- ► 2015 (25)