‘Tis magic time, cozy, warm
‘Tis loving time, bright, at home
‘Tis time for cookies, spice and all
For it is no longer fall!
Santa is on his way…
‘Tis winter now,
Each and every day.
1/3 cup coconut oil, softened (or butter)
¼ cup + 1 Tbs coconut sugar
1 Large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons black strap molasses
½ teaspoon orange zest
1 cup blanched almond flour
½ cup arrowroot starch
2 tablespoons coconut flour
Scant ¼ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ tsp baking soda
1. In a stand mixer, (or an electric mixer and a large bowl) cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar.
2. Add the egg, and mix until combined. Mix in the vanilla, molasses, and orange zest. Beat until combined. It’s alright if it’s a little lumpy.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, spices, and baking soda.
4. Mix the dry into the wet. Beat until smooth.
5. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees .
6. Roll the dough into balls about the size of a tablespoon, or a walnut in it's shell. Place the balls (there should be about twenty) on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Slightly flatten out each ball with the palm of your hand.
7. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then devour!!