The weather in L.A. is finally cooling off! The air is crisp; the wind is strong; leaves are fluttering to the ground; the days are growing shorter; my mom even put a down blanket on my bed! This could only mean one thing: you must go make these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars!
These bars, fresh out of the oven, are like an ooey-gooey chocolate-pumpkin bread! So satisfying, and perfect for these cold November nights we’ve been getting. The ingredients to make the bars are very simple, and the process is so easy! And just in case you were wondering, these are grain-, gluten-, dairy-, and refined sugar-free ;)
Makes 8-16 bars (depending on how large you cut them).
1½ cups blanched almond flour
¾ cup arrowroot starch
1 Tbs coconut flour
2½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp baking soda
1 pinch sea salt
2 organic eggs
1 cup organic pumpkin purée
1/3 cup maple syrup
¼ cup melted ghee, butter, or coconut oil
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and set an oven rack to the second-to-top position.
2. Grease an 11x7 inch glass baking dish, and line with parchment paper.*
3. In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredient except for the chocolate chips.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Gently stir the wet ingredients into dry, just until combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop the thick batter into your prepared baking dish.
6. Bake for 35 minutes, then let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into squares, and devour!
*If you don’t have an 11x7 inch baking dish, feel free to use a different size. Just keep in mind that the larger your pan, the less baking time needed!