Brownies… in the shape of cupcakes… whipped cream… candy canes… peppermint bark… uh… Yes, please!! They are so rich, fudgey, and minty! I hope you all enjoy these paleo, gluten-free cupcakes. Spend lots of great time with your family, this holiday!
Makes about 16 brownie cupcakes.
1 (16 ounce) jar creamy roasted almond butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/4 tsp real sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup Organic Pastures Dairy raw cream (or coconut cream, for dairy-free)
1 Tbs maple syrup
1 batch Peppermint Bark
5 organic candy canes, crushed
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 cupcake tins with paper liners (the recipe should yield about 16 cupcakes).
2. In a stand mixer, blend the almond butter until smooth. Blend in the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Do not over-mix!
3. Blend in the cacao powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop the batter into the muffin tines, filling each cavity about 5/6 of the way full. Bake the brownies one tin at a time, for about 35 minutes each. Let the brownies cool completely before frosting.
5. Whip the cream in a stand (or hand) mixer until soft peaks form. Blend in the maple syrup and whip until stiff peaks form.
6. Top the cooled cupcakes with whipped cream, crushed candy canes, and a small piece of peppermint bark.