I’m so sorry about the lack of recipes in these past weeks!! I’ve been extremely busy this summer (more so than I actually am during the school year) and I haven’t had much time to bake. Now, the business has eased up a bit, and I have some time to create recipes!
The recipe that I am sharing with you all today is very special and decadent.
This ice cream is completely dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and can be made nut-free by replacing the almond milk with hemp milk, or just some more coconut milk.
The toffee sort of turns into caramel when it gets stirred into the ice cream, creating a beautiful swirl, and a symphony of sweet.
Go make this, now!
Ingredients for the Ice Cream:
1 (13.5 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbs raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Caramel-Toffee:
4 Tbs full-fat coconut milk
5 Tbs coconut sugar
1 Tbs palm shortening (or butter, or ghee)
¼ tsp real sea salt
1. In a blender, combine all the ice cream ingredients. Blend on high, until fully combined. Pour into a glass dish (I used a loaf pan) and freeze until very cold.
2. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and process, per manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Scoop the (now soft-serve-like) ice cream back into the loaf pan, cover with aluminum foil, and place in the freezer. Now, we’ll make the caramel-toffee.
4. Place all the caramel-toffee ingredients in a small saucepan, over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Let it boil for about five minutes, or until it reaches 230 degrees F. (I used a candy thermometer for this.)
6. Remove from heat, and let it cool for about a minute. Stir into the ice cream. The caramel will be very sticky. When it touches the ice cream, it will harden into toffee.
7. Break up the little bits of toffee with your hands, and stir until it is fully incorporated with the ice cream.
8. Place the dish back in the freezer, until the ice cream is hardened, about a few hours. When it is ready to be served, let it thaw on the counter, until scoopable. Scoop into pretty dishes, and serve!!