Every food blog needs a chocolate chip cookie recipe, right? Well, I thought it was about time to post one. This recipe is incredibly easy to make, and requires only seven ingredients. These cookies taste incredible! They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a perfect balance of salty and sweet; pure egg-free, dairy-free, grain-free goodness!
Need I say more?
Makes about 16 cookies.
2 cups blanched almond flour (not packed)
¼ tsp + a pinch sea salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup maple syrup
1 Tbs vanilla extract
¼ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
4. Mix the wet into the dry until the dough forms, then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and scoop the dough onto the sheet using a cookie scoop (or a tablespoon, for slightly smaller cookies). Make sure to space the dough balls at least 2 inches apart on the sheet, then flatten them out with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake on the second-to-upper rack of the oven for 11-15 minutes. Remember that the thicker your cookie, the longer it will need to bake for.
7. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack, then repeat this process with any remaining dough. Serve the cookies, and enjoy!